At Grand Lake Eyecare, we provide a wide range of eye care services. We are pleased to offer the following optometry services to our community. An eye exam in our office is a thorough evaluation of the eye. It is also a determination of prescription for glasses or contact lenses.
Our experienced optometrists can diagnose and treat eye diseases and identify general eye health problems including diabetes, anemia, high blood pressure, and others. We can also test for and fit specialty eyewear for sports, occupations, other activities and hobbies, and safety glasses.
At Grand Lake Eyecare, Dr. Gerlach, Dr. Dues, and Dr. Grieshop provide comprehensive eye care which includes:
- Comprehensive eye exams for patients of all ages.
- Emergency eyecare. (Call 419.586.3151 and follow the instructions on the answering machine.)
- Over 1000 frames and sunglasses to choose from!
- Latest contact lenses including soft, gas permeable, astigmatism, bifocal, monovision, colored, keratoconus, and contacts for dry eyes.
- Scleral contact lens fittings.
- Myopia prevention.
- Glaucoma management.
- Diabetic eyecare.
- Macular degeneration care.
- Computerized visual acuity testing to ensure precise results.
- Laser vision/refractive surgery consultations.
- Dry eye therapy including punctal occlusion.
- Corneal refractive therapy (contacts that reshape the eyes while your sleeping).
- Vision therapy.
- Low vision.
- OCT(Optical coherence tomogram): a high tech device that helps detect and monitor conditions like glaucoma, macular degeneration, and diabetic retinopathy much earlier than previous methods.
- Fundus photography (special camera that photographs the back of the eye).
Comprehensive eye exams may include:
- Testing visual acuity or refractive error
- Pupil evaluation with or without dilation
- Examination of peripheral visual field
- Color vision testing
- Analysis of the visual systems
- Examination of the external parts of the eye
- Intraocular pressure measurement
- Examination of the health of the entire eye
Our Optometric Services:
- Comprehensive eye exams
- Contact lens fittings
- Diagnosis and treatment of eye disease
- Specialized testing and care for cataracts, glaucoma, and others
- Pre-and post-operative care for eye disease
- Eye emergencies
- Foreign object removal
- Vision services for visually impaired